If you love the magic of color, you will love painting with our DANIEL SMITH Extra Fine Watercolor Mineral Marvels Dot Card Set!
These are truly special watercolor paints, they are made from minerals, some semi-precious gemstones, that we source from all over the world, process into pigments, then mill into watercolor paints! Most have a gorgeous property called “granulation” which adds unique and exciting texture when painting that many artists call magical.
The Mineral Marvels Watercolor Dot Card Set has extra large dots of ALL 36 DANIEL SMITH PrimaTek Watercolors (the 238 Watercolor Dot Card has 32 PrimaTeks) which is the complete PrimaTek Collection! Just take a wet brush, touch the watercolor dot to release the beautiful color and you are ready to paint!
The Mineral Marvels Dot Card Set is easy to carry and take along from the coffee shop to the mountain top and everywhere in between!
With these dots of DANIEL SMITH Watercolor you can celebrate color, decorate journals, use for lettering and stamping projects, make cards, fine art, crafting or simply enjoy color with color swatching!
TIP – for small painting project ideas, please visit our DANIELSMITH.com/Art-Projects page where you will find line art (like the violets in a flower pot above) that you can download, transfer to watercolor paper and paint using the Mineral Marvels Dots! Also on the page are instructions on how to transfer images to watercolor paper and tips on using watercolors.
Each watercolor dot is packed with pure pigment (no fillers) which means that the watercolor goes a long way and can be used for multiple small projects!
Included in this set are the 36 Watercolor Mineral Marvel Dots of (ALL) PrimaTek paints on 9 mineral themed cards:
These 4 Dots are PrimaTek Watercolors made from semi-precious gemstones and minerals ranging from vivid pink to earthy pink to rich reddish brown and black with warm buff in washes.
- Rhodonite Genuine – Germany
- Garnet Genuine – Brazil
- Minnesota Pipestone Genuine – Minnesota, USA
- Bloodstone Genuine – Alaska, USA
- Left image shows the extra large dots on the card directly from the box.
- Center image shows the colors of the dots after brushing out with water.
- Right image shows each color painted out.
These 4 Dots are PrimaTek Watercolors made from minerals that are reminiscent of earthy reds, and rust to browns found in deserts.
- Hematite Burnt Scarlet Genuine – Brazil & Utah, USA
- Piemontite Genuine – Alaska, USA
- Mummy Bauxite – Australia
- Sicklerite Genuine – Colorado, USA
These 4 Dots are PrimaTek Watercolors made from semi-precious gemstones and minerals ranging from warm golden bronze, to soft red and copper to pinkish brown.
- Bronzite Genuine – Brazil
- Red Fuchsite Genuine – Brazil
- Burnt Bronzite Genuine – Brazil
- Red Jasper Genuine – India
These 4 Dots are PrimaTek Watercolors made from semi-precious gemstones and minerals having a rich color resembling baked earth ranging from rich reddish browns, to cooler neutral browns.
- Yavapai Genuine – Arizona, USA
- Sedona Genuine – Arizona, USA
- Tiger’s Eye Genuine – Burma
- Burnt Tiger’s Eye Genuine – Burma
These 4 Dots are PrimaTek Watercolors made from semi-precious gemstones and minerals in beautiful shades of lavender, violet, purple and reddish purple.
- Purpurite Genuine – Colorado, USA
- Amethyst Genuine – Brazil
- Sugilite Genuine – Africa
- Hematite Violet Genuine – Utah, USA
These 4 Dots are PrimaTek Watercolors made from semi-precious gemstones and minerals which are nearly black in mass tone and lighten with water into deep blue and green or grays.
- Sodalite Genuine – Greenland
- Zoisite Genuine – Australia
- Hematite Genuine – Brazil & Utah
- Black Tourmaline Genuine – Brazil
These 4 Dots are PrimaTek Watercolors made from semi-precious gemstones and minerals in watery blues from the deep blue ocean to shallow tropical seas and green ponds.
- Mayan Blue Genuine – Texas, USA
- Kingman Green Turquoise Genuine – Arizona, USA
- Diopside Genuine – Australia
- Green Apatite Genuine – Canada
These 4 Dots are PrimaTek Watercolors made from semi-precious gemstones and minerals tell the story of how throughout history people have loved the color blue and sought to capture the color for personal ornamentation as jewelry and now as gorgeous watercolor.
- Kyanite Genuine – Brazil
- Lapis Lazuli Genuine – Asia Minor
- Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Genuine – Arizona, USA
- Blue Apatite Genuine – Brazil
These 4 Dots are PrimaTek Watercolors made from semi-precious gemstones and minerals in beautiful greens ranging from aqua to sunny yellow green to deep forest green.
- Amazonite Genuine – Brazil
- Fuchsite Genuine – Brazil
- Jadeite Genuine – Canada
- Serpentine Genuine – Australia
These exciting, natural mineral and semi-precious gemstones will have you marveling at their color and intriguing granulation while painting, and their beautiful, natural color when your art project or paintings dry! From Nature’s palette to yours!
Be sure to tag us with #danielsmithwatercolors and #dsmineralmarvels We would love to see your creations!
Detail of a painting, “WE The Uncut Talents” by Rajat Bandopadhyay used for the Mineral Marvels Box. Please enjoy his interview article featuring several of his paintings including “WE The Uncut Talents”.